Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lovely Pine Cone Wreath

Christmas is just around de corner

 and I've got a trendy and easy diy wreath for your front door!

A year ago, I made this lovely pine cone wreath, and enjoyed it so much! So, while I'm in the First Communion up and downs, I thought I'd share with you a post I wrote last year with full instructions. How's that sound to you? 



{My inspiration for this project was Eddie Ross' ornament wreath (if you haven't checked it out, I strongly recommend you to; it's beautiful and easy). }

Supplies:

50 small sized pine cones.

Craft paint (your choice of color).

Wire rings (available at craft supply stores).

A hanger.

A paintbrush.

Hot glue gun.

Ribbons.


How to:

Paint your pine cones (you can go natural too if you wish).

I chose a silver tone for my decorations, so that's what I used to paint them.
I only painted the tips. (I spent a wonderful afternoon with my mom and daughter doing this ;)




{They're lovely just like this.}

Hot glue the wire rings to the top of the pine cone.





Bend the hanger into a circle.



Untwist the end of the hanger and string one pine cone at a time.



Twist the hanger again to close the circle.

Hot glue a ribbon to cover the hook end of the hanger.



Make a simple bow out of color coordinating ribbons.



Hot glue it to the wreath.





Enjoy!



I'm liking this so much, I'm thinking about making a few to give as presents to my family and friends. I seriously can't stop staring at it: my first Xmas wreath!

Best of all: easy on my pocket, easy on the environment. Cool!

5 comments:

Crafty Sisters said...

Thanks for sharing, I love how mine turned out!

ana said...

Rocio this is soooo coool! It's a great DIY!!!! I have to do it definetely! looks so easy!

Unknown said...

heeey se ve suuuuuper facil!!! o sea, hasta para manos torpes como las mias jejeje muy buen DIY!!

Va Morelia said...

Y si! lo haces ver super facil, apenas empezar mi deco capaz y la adapto, grs por compatir!

Kristina said...

Great easy tutorial! I just collected a bunch of pine cones from around my neighborhood, and was hoping to make a wreath for my front door. I'm planning on featuring it as part of my "Twelve Days of Craft-mas" series on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

LinkWithin